We had a windows 2003 server that was getting an error running scheduled tasks. When you tried to view the properties of that task you would get the follow error:
The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information existed for the task. The specific error is: 0x80090016: Keyset does not exist
Searching Microsoft’s site, they had a fix but required you to boot into safe mode. This was a production server I did not want to take down.
But I found a way to fix it without needing to enter safe mode.