I seem to keep needing to do this so I thought I?d write up a very quick post so Its easier to find next time.
- You need to install the vmware CLI on your workstation.
- start the vmware cli and I have to cd to ?bin? for the commands to work.
- put the server you want to work on into maintenance mode from the vi client
- Then use vihostupdate.pl to do the install/upload
Here is the vmware docs site link for vihostupdate.pl
The quick and dirty command is
vihostupdate.pl ?server [IP address] ?username root ?install ?bundle c:file_location
You?ll want to use a zip file for driver, they are normally found in the offline-bundle folder of the ISO
For the Dell mibs you just need to use the mib file.
Hope this helps someone, I know I use it a lot more than I expected.
- Setting up Software FCoE on vSphere 5 (scottlowe.org)
- OpenManage Support for VMware ESX 5.0 (delltechcenter.com)