mail enabled public folders getting NDR
I just finished my migration from Exchange 2003 to 2010. I was able to cleanly uninstall 2003 and we happy I had no reported user issues. Then our patch weekend were we patch and reboot all of our servers came along. On Monday we started getting calls about emails not being delivered. After some time with Google I found 3 different post with people having the same issue and two of them contact Microsoft PSS.
The fix is to use ADSIedit and drill down to
CN=Servers,CN=First Administrative Group,CN=Administrative Groups,CN=First Organization,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local
Make sure the Servers folder is empty then delete the server folder. One note that I didn’t see in the other post, if you had multiple 2003 admin groups you need to do this for each one.
Now email flows to our public folders again! I just wish I could find a way to use sharepoint to replace the public folders, but so far I can’t find a way to start emails in sharepoint in the same eml format they are stored in public folders 🙁
Security URL scanners
As the internet continues to evolve, so do the threats that come with it. One of the most common threats...
Security tools bookmarks
As I'm learning about different security tools and solutions, I keep adding to my bookmarks for follow-up. Today, I'm sharing...
Sync Active directory user data with SharePoint
If you want to sync standard common attributes from active directory to sharepoint. Its easy, AD sync to Azure AD...
Microsoft graph API to access sharepoint
Recently I've had to setup a few different app registration using Azure AD to access sharepoint sites. Once you get...
We have a few SQL servers that need to be upgraded before they go end of life. We are looking...
Collection of build numbers
I feel like I'm always looking for an applications history of builds. Sometimes its for windows 10 others for different...
2 thoughts on “mail enabled public folders getting NDR”
I have only done a single Exchange Migration from 2003 to 2010. I did also have issues with Public Folders. My issue was that I was not able to get it to replicate from the old 2003 server to the new 2010 server. It was a small installation so I ended up with an export/import as a workaround. I was also able to get rid of the old installation of Exchange 2003 without warnings afterward which is always a nice feeling.
I had to go thought a lot of tools to make sure the 2010 server was added as a replication partner for each public folder. I ran some powershell scripts and found another tool from Microsoft that was a GUI to add a replication partner all the way down the public folder tree