These are my links for May 7th through May 19th:
- Remove users and groups from site access – Windows SharePoint Services – Microsoft Office – To properly manage access to the resources on your site, it is important for site administrators to promptly cancel the access of users who are no longer with the organization or whose role has changed such that their permission level needs to be adjusted.
- Ask the Directory Services Team : RSAT Released for Windows 7 – How do I get back the missing tabs?<br />
RSAT for Vista finally got back 4 of the 5 missing tabs for ADUC, but RSAT for Windows 7 RTM is still missing them. I assume they should match the names you see in Server 2008 R2:<br />
•Remote Desktop Services Profile<br />
•Remote Control<br />
Since we now have some RODCs on our domain, it would also be nice to have the Password Replication tab.
- How to install and configure the Indexing Service on a Windows Server 2008-based computer – This article describes how to install and configure the Indexing Service on a Windows Server 2008-based computer. Additionally, this article describes the changes that were made to the Indexing Service for Windows Server 2008.
- What is Enhanced vMotion Compatibility anyway? | The VMguy – Let me explain the problem, as some customers find it, and some do not. Here’s the issue: You start your virtual infrastructure by purchasing 3 hosts. Let’s say that the 3 hosts have Intel E5310 processors in them. You start to load up your VM’s on that cluster over the next 6 months. When the cluster is full you go back to your OEM vendor of choice, only to find that they no longer make that server model with a E5310 processor. The same model from the OEM now contains a Intel E5420 CPU. There are some differences in this CPU from those in the original hosts , specifically the instruction set (SSE4). If you try to add that new host to the existing cluster you will quickly find that you cannot vMotion to it.
- CPUID – CPU-Z is a freeware that gathers information on some of the main devices of your system.