These are my links for February 5th through February 10th:
- Jie Li’s GeekWorld : Installation Notice for SharePoint 2010 Public Beta – Since SharePoint 2010 has been made available for MSDN/TechNet subscriber public now, here’re some steps you would like to follow to get a successful installation. But keep in mind: This beta is not supported and you CANNOT upgrade the installation to RTM when it’s released. This Beta should only be used for evaluation purpose.
- SharePoint 2010 Category – Technet sharepoint 2010 forums
- Global Catalog vs. Infrastructure Master – Directory Services/Active Directory – Q: Is the Infrastructure Master allowed to run on a Domain Controller which also holds the Global Catalog Server?
- How to migrate the vCenter database to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – NTPRO.NL – Eric Sloof – If you want to relocate your vCenter database from a local express SQL server to a central Microsoft SQL Server 2008, you can use the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard to copy and transform data between supported data sources and destinations.
The purpose of the SQL Server Import and Export Wizard is to copy data from a source to a destination. The wizard can also create a destination database and destination tables for you. However, if you have to copy multiple databases or tables, or other kinds of database objects, you should use the Copy Database Wizard instead.
- Virtual Infrastructure best practices | VMGuru.nl – I choose (a virtual) life! – Lately I keep receiving questions from colleagues regarding virtual infrastructure design using VMware products. So I decided to sum up the best practices I use when designing a new virtual infrastructure. Some of the best practices are based on numbers and calculations but others are pretty obvious. Nevertheless you would be surprised how many environments I’ve encounter were the most basic best practices have NOT been met.