We (yes the install tech hung around) had to wait about 1 1/2 hours for a line tech to show up and correct the issue.
The installer used my existing coax and Ethernet I had in the house so he didn?t have to run any lines.
I ordered 3meg internet the 200 channel TV and two DVR boxes.
Its been running now for 3 weeks here are my findings.
- Once the wireless stopped working and I had to stop and restart the wireless service on the ATT home Router.
- I found out that the coax to my second DVR wasn?t working well so it caused freezing when trying to watch recorded shows, I wished to a Ethernet cable I had close and its been working fine.
- I notice pixilation when watching sports and other shows with a lot of movement, but its only on SD changes on my SDTV. The HD doesn?t do it.
- The DVR doesn?t have the option to only save X number of a show. With Charter I could say to record a show and only keep 3 copies so I also had different Mickey Mouse Clubhouse shows for Grace. ATT DVR doesn?t have this option.
- The biggest issue I have is that everything (TV and Internet) goes through the ATT Home router, if it fails all your ATT services are down
- So far the 3 meg internet speed has been rock solid and I don?t really see a difference than my 5meg Charter service I had
- Cheaper, I got a really good package deal and was about 30 dollars cheaper than I could have with Charter (we still have vonage for phone) I?m also geting $300 back for ordering online
- Networked DVR works really well, I love that I can watch the recorded shows on either TV.
Even though there are more Cons than Pros, I?m keeping and very happy with the service. There wasn?t anything I disliked about Charter other than the price.
If you have any questions about the service leave them in the comments and I?ll get back to you.