Image via Wikipedia
I was reading 6 free remote desktop sharing and screen sharing solutions from Online Tech Tips looking a free new install remote desktop sharing to help support friends and family. I checked on all 6 of the solutions OTT listed and a few from the comments. A few of them claimed to have no install, but when you started digging deeper there was an install, there a ?plug-in? or activeX component. These are installs!!! Anything that is added to a system that requires admin access is an install.
I?m talking to you SkyFex and dimdim. TeamViewer does only require the ?expert? to have software installed and they do have a portable app that doesn?t require an install its a stand alone exe. But it is only available in the paid version 🙁
Related articles by Zemanta
- Roll Your Own LogMeIn Pro with Free Apps (lifehacker.com)
- Run SSH Server For Remote Desktop Connections (ghacks.net)
- Symantec Project Guru: Remote Tech Support Over the Web (ubergizmo.com)
- What Is the Best Remote Assistance Program? (chris.pirillo.com)
- Yoics Gadget Connects to Remote Files and Desktops from Gmail [Downloads] (lifehacker.com)
- Tech Support to Parents (chris.pirillo.com)
- DEMO: Symantec launches Project Guru for family tech support (venturebeat.com)
Here are some helpful post on setting up delegation on print servers, this includes some powershell scripts to help.